Thursday, April 13, 2017

Deco Mesh Wreath Obsession


In case you haven't noticed, I have a deco mesh obsession.  Big time.  On my birthday weekend, Nate asked what I wanted to do Friday night and I didn't want to do anything but work on my Spring wreath because my supplies had arrived.  Nerd.  I even have a Pinterest Board titled "Deco Mesh Love".  Yes, it is love.

The tricky part for me is getting the supplies.  First, I like working with a work wreath form and they aren't sold anywhere in the Twin Cities that I can find!  Same with the deco mesh - Walmart has some, Michael's has super expensive deco mesh with no patterns, and the ladies at JoAnn Fabrics looked at me like I was insane when I asked them where they had deco mesh (I quickly learned they do not carry it).  So I almost always order it online!  My two favorite sites are Trendy Tree (very favorite) and Mardi Gras Outlet.  I also have to make a stop at Hobby Lobby when I am in Clear Lake or Des Moines, Iowa.  I would live at Hobby Lobby if there was one nearby!

I'm sure this collection of wreaths will always be changing, whether I switch out ribbon, add some cute details or fix some of the poofs, but I just think they are too fun!  Here is what I have made so far.

My Valentine's Day wreath is pretty simple, but sometimes that is ok.  I would love to get some cute hearts or wording in the middle.  But it works.


The St Patty's Day wreath is even more simple, but all you need is green to get the statement!  From far away it sort of looked like I hadn't taken down Christmas decor (which wouldn't be weird in my 'hood - we have lots of April Christmas celebrators apparently!).  So I hope to find a big shamrock to put in the center at some point.



My most recent wreath is the Easter/Spring wreath!  This is currently on the door and looks like the wreath is mocking me because we have tons of snow on the ground.  Boo!  I realize I went a little overboard with the Peep bunnies, tons of ribbon and carrots, but I love it!  We want more!

Sidebar - my (and my coworkers) favorite commercial is the AT&T one of the little girl going, "We want more! We want more!"  We say it all the time. :)



Fall - my first wreath that started the mayhem!  I couldn't get over how easy these things were and how instantly they added whimsy and scale to the door.  This is also how I discovered my other obsession: Trendy Tree.  I ordered the mesh from here but started peeking around their site...I want it all!


I made this Christmas wreath to go with my cupcake tree because my gorgeous tree looked so lonesome up in our un-decorated loft/landing area (which I am hoping to fix soon!).  It made the space look a little more pulled together and pretty.  I definitely want to add some candies or something to it this Christmas!



The wreath I made for our front door for Christmas might be my favorite of my wreaths.  First of all, Christmas is my absolute favorite holiday, time of year, decorations, anything!  I just can't get enough.  So of course I love this wreath the most!  I also love the whimsical spray bursting out the top.  I was so sad when I had to take this wreath down.



I also wanted to make some wreaths for family last year so I created these three!  They were all very different but super cute.  


For sure I still need to make:
-Halloween/witch/fun for October
-birthday/cupcake
-patriotic (have the supplies, need to make!)
What else am I missing from my list?  I need an excuse to do my favorite craft!

Well, there you go!  Now I have officially proven I am crazy.  I think I had been wanting a craft and this one came down from the heavens and is my new favorite thing to make.  Good thing Nate is supportive of this habit and tells me he likes them.  There are worse things, right? Who else out there loves deco mesh?

Follow me on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment