Friday, July 7, 2017

Pumpkin Patch or Bust


Well, it was a BUST.
The weather has finally cooled down, so it was time to take our annual trip to the Pumpkin Patch.
Usually, my mom and I take the kids after school during the week because the patch is vacant at that time. There are no crowds & it is GREAT.
We planned on going this week, but because of a rainy forecast  (YAY!!) Kevin & I made a last minute decision to go on Sunday afternoon.
It was a TOTAL BUST.
It was SO crowded. I mean people EVERYWHERE.
And, it was windy. Dust flying everywhere, in our eyes & we could barely look up at times.
Did I mention it was crowded? And apparently, when you go on the weekend, you have to PAY for things like the corn maze & hay rides. When we go during the week, all that stuff is FREE.
We were so miserable, we only stayed at the patch for 30 minutes. 
Despite our short time at the patch, I managed to get some pictures of the patch. 
One of my favorite things to photograph is pumpkins!
My whole objective while at the patch was to get a cute pic of all 3 kids with pumpkins around them.
Because it was so crowded, people kept (unintenially) photo bombing our picture.
This was the best I could get & it's not good. Ha! But, it is real life people.
Luke was asleep, so I thought I would get some of him by himself.
FAIL. He woke up & was MAD.
 He probably didn't like all that dust blowing on him, so Kevin rescued him.
He remained in his stroller for the rest of the time. 
(Here is a comparrison pic of Claire & Luke in the same outfit from her first time to the patch)
We attempted to go to the corn maze & the hay ride, but there were lines & it was a rip off, so we just walked around checking out the free stuff.
Farm animals....my favorite. {insert sarcasm}
I did have fun photographing pumpkins & gourds!
The girls played around on the fake animals & then we were outta there!
Luke was much happier once we got home (and once I took the ridiculous pumpkin hat off him)
So there you have it, our 2012 trip to the Pumpkin Patch!
Going to the Pumpkin Patch truly is one of my favorite things to do, but just not on the weekend.
I am never, ever, ever, ever going on the weekend again! 
I am glad I had the girls in bright colored matching shirts because I could easily spot them when they ran off into the crowds of people. Yikes.
I think I was too sleep deprived & cranky to deal with all the crowds & people that were there.
Can't wait to go next year.....on a weekday afternoon! 
Who's with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment