Friday, March 10, 2017

Pesto Chicken Sun Dried Tomato Artichoke Pizza


As you might know, pizza is my favorite food. 
I could eat it everyday.
  At Christmas I got THIS pizza maker.
(It is also on sale HERE)
We have been making pizza for dinner at least 1 time a week since we got it! 
I have been experimenting with different pizza toppings/recipes and there have been some REALLY good ones!
Like I mentioned in January, once a month I am going to share a new pizza recipe with you.
You don't need the pizza maker (you can use your oven) but I am letting you know that using this pizza maker gives your pizza an authentic pizzeria taste! 
I am planning on sharing a new pizza recipe the last Friday of each month in honor of Friday Night Pizza Night that we have every Friday night at our house. 
In January I shared my BBQ Chicken Pizza Recipe {HERE}
Last month I shared my Fig, Prosciutto & Arugula Pizza {HERE}
Today, I am excited to share my:
 Pesto Chicken, Sun Dried Tomato & Artichoke Pizza
Here is what you need:
- Pizza Dough (I use pre-made dough from Safeway. Trader Joes also has premade dough, but Safeway's is so much easier to work with & tastes better! You can make your own dough, but when the pre-made dough is only $1.50, this is a no brainer!)
- Pizza Sauce
-Pesto Sauce
-Sun Dried Tomatoes
- Artichoke Hearts
-Chicken
-Mozzarella Cheese
-Feta Cheese
- Basil

Split your dough in half and roll out your dough on a lightly floured surface:
Mix together in even amounts 1/2 pizza sauce & 1/2 pesto sauce
Add sauce mixture to crust & top with mozzarella cheese:
 Add Pesto Chicken:
For the pesto chicken, I used my Quick & Easy Shredded Chicken Method {HERE}
I use about 1 cup of chicken for this pizza & mix a few heaping spoonfuls of pesto sauce into the chicken.  So yummy!
Add artichoke hearts & sun dried tomatoes:
Add more mozzeralla chesse (this helps prevent the chicken from getting dried out)
Add crumbled feta cheese on top of the mozzarella cheese:
The final thing to add is the fresh basil. I put the basil in a ball:
And, then cut the ball of basil, that is how you get strips of basil :)
Add to the top of your pizza & Bake in your pizza oven (or regular oven at 450 degrees) for 8-10 minutes.
Slice up your pizza & enjoy!
This is one of our favorite pizza combinations!
It's full of flavor!
YUM.
Happy Pizza Friday, but more importantly, Happy Good Friday.
I hope you all have a wonderful Easter weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment