Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Lukes Nautical 1st Birthday Party!


This past Saturday was Luke's 1st Birthday Party.
When I was pregnant with him, we didn't know if we were having a boy or a girl, but I knew that if I was having a boy, that I wanted him to have a Nautical/Sailboat 1st Birthday Party!

Here is the invite that I made that features Luke each month for the first year of his life:
{Invite available in my Etsy shop}
For the girls, I also made them 12 picture 1st birthday invites. I love seeing how they grow each year I just coordinate the invite to match the colors/theme of the party.

I took a few pics of Luke the morning of his party so that I could some photos of him in his party outfit before he got it all dirty :)

{Luke's shirt made by my friend Melissa}

Baby Toms. I couldn't resist.

 They were just too perfect for the whole nautical theme. Too cute!
Kevin told me I had to keep this party small & just have family and a few friends.

I kept the tables simple.
Just some flowers & these cute containers from the Target Dollar Spot (that I bought last summer when I was pregnant) 
  I had chips in the containers for people to snack on.

We mostly had older kids at the party, so it was a swim party.
We also had corn hole for people to play:

I served dinner at the party, but kept it simple, since I was feeding over 40 people.
I tied a life saver around the utensials. Cute decoration & an after dinner mint! Win-Win :)

For Decorations, I hung up some red/blue lanterns & pinwheels inside:
I also made some bunting out of scrapbook paper:
 I had the pinwheels hanging over the dessert table.
Across the window, I strung photos of Luke from newborn to his 1st birthday.
Close up of the dessert table. You know me. I LOOOOVE a dessert table.
Cupcake Toppers I made to on on delicious fruit puffs. {Recipe here}

Red Velvet Bundtini's

Cupcakes:

I got the cupcake toppers {HERE}

Red Velvet Cupcakes:
The cake:
Usually my mother in law makes the cake for my kids birthday parties, but they were on a cruise, so I had a local bakery make it.
I think it turned out pretty cute! And, it tasted good also!
Luke's little smash cake:

Favors:

My favorite type of favor is giving out favor cookies! Much better than a bunch of random junk :)

For Luke's party, I also had a little candy station set up so people could bring home a goodie bag of candy also. I love candy :)

More bunting that I made from scrapbook paper:
 I got the oar on clearance here.


The Red "L" is from Luke's nursery.








Hat from {here} Bib from {here}
{1 Banner made by my friend Heather}

The best part of the 1st Birthday....Cake time!

It's safe to say he liked it :)

Me & the Birthday boy:

{And my awesome sailboat shorts I got on clearance here}!)

Happy 1st Birthday, Luke!
Hope you had as much fun at your party as we did!

No comments:

Post a Comment