Sunday, August 6, 2017

Around the Clock Bridal Shower



Here it is, Part 2 of Rebecca's Bachelorette Party!
After we got back from wine tasting in Napa, we stayed at my house for her Bachelorette Bridal Shower.
When I was brainstorming the theme for this shower (because it's all about the theme, right?!?)
I decided that instead of your typical Bachelorette/Lingerie shower, I decided the theme would,
"Around the Clock"
What is an Around the Clock shower, you might ask?
I made the invite below (click to enlarge)
I wrote a little poem & had a blank spot to fill in a time of day.
{coming soon to my etsy shop!}

Each guest was given their own time & their gift was something that Rebecca & Jason would use during that time of day.
We had 18 guests, so I gave out times from 7am until midnight!

The Decorations:
The decorations were very simple, mostly because the week of the shower Claire got the stomach flu, then 2 days before the shower, I got the stomach flu & then the day before Kate got it. Needless to say, that really cut into my shower planning & I was busy disinfecting my house rather then make decorations!
I went to VS & got Rebecca a bunch of fun & cute underwear & then I hung them on a ribbon with clothespins & made an "underwear bunting" that I hung up.
The only other decoration was fresh cut tulips! Like I said, the stomach flu got in the way of my party prep!
The Menu:
Because we were going to be wine tasting all day, I knew we needed to have a simple dinner menu that I could ahead of time. We went with heavy appetizers & finger foods!

Pioneer Woman's Hot Artichoke Dip (found in her cookbook)
(served with corn & blue tortilla chips)
Blue Cheese Crack, of course!
Spinach Dip:
Turkey Meatballs
Brie with apples, dried cranberries & pecans:
Stuffed Mushrooms:
Bruschetta:
Beverages: Wine, Sparkling Water, Sparkling Lemonade & ingredients to make girly cocktails:
Cupcakes for dessert! And, I made cupcake toppers, of course!
After we ate, it was time for presents!
I made Rebecca this tank top with rhinestones that said
"Bachelorette Out of Control"
I had her open her presents in the order of the "time" that people were assigned.
Here are some of her gifts:
First up was 7:00 am. She got a cute nightgown, a muffin tin & a box of blueberry muffin mix!
Her gift for 12:00 noon was a panini maker:
Her 3:00 pm gift was baking supplies & a pack of chocolate chip cookie mix
Her 6:00 pm gift was a pizza stone:
Some of the girls watching her open presents:
Next, it was time for the "evening" hours....
Some lotion...
By the time she opened the last of her "evening" presents, Rebecca was blushing & embarrassed!
The Around the Clock Bridal Shower was really fun to throw and it was a great alternative for a Bridal Shower if you don't want to have a lingerie only Bridal Shower!

It was a lovely day celebrating my lovely sister who is getting married in less than 20 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment